O have I been pondering the significance of this miracle? Yes! I have. 2 Kings 6 breaks into full bloom:
1. The accommodation is too small.
2. Let us take a beam each to build a new place to live.
3. They want Elisha to go with them and he accompanies them.
4. At the Jordan River they cut down wood for their new building.
5.As they are working one axe head that was borrowed falls into the water.
6. Elisha asks where the axe head fell and cuts a stick and throws it into the Jordan River and the axe head – made of iron – swims!!!!!!!
An event like this is nothing short of a miracle – because we know axe heads don’t swim!!!
But!! what makes verse 7 the spot light today: 2 Kings 6:7 (KJV) tells us:
Therefore said he, Take it up to thee. And he put out his hand, and took it.
This verse indicates to us a crucial aspect of life in relation to the miracles God gives us each day. I hear someone re-emphasize the question: “What should I do with the miracles God has given me?”
When the axe head I have borrowed falls into the Jordan and God makes it swim what should I do? Verse 7 gives us the answer! – “Therefore said he, Take it up to thee. And he put out his hand, and took it.” Jesus Christ and what he has done for us on the cross by dying and enduring the mistreatment and cruelty that humans handed out to Him at Calvary has given Himself up as an offering so that we can live. (Matthew 27).
Jesus Christ is our borrowed “axe head” – that swims right now! He even in this time of mega changes worldwide is still available – to every single human being who wants the miracle of salvation – the miracle of living in full connection with God – the miracle of everlasting life!!!
In life accidents happen all the time, distress and hard situations keep punctuating the plans we make. The smooth flow of things and the steps we make are often disrupted by things we never dreamed of – things unexpected and unexplainable. However right in our reach today lies the miracle of Psalms 23 – “Thou preparest a table” – Jesus has prepared the table before us in the presence of our enemies – Psalms 23:5 (KJV)
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
What Jesus is depending upon us to do is to know and receive the miracle as was done in 2 Kings 6:7 “…And he put out his hand, and took it.” – Put out our hand and take Him.
– Throw away fear of our enemies,
– Throw away worry about our shortcomings,
– Throw away fear of Coronavirus (Covid-19)
– Throw away worry about food,
– Throw away fear of who the owner is,
– Throw away worry about the future and accept the love of God that He has given us – the Gift of His Son Jesus Christ and the brilliant, unbridled excellence of His Holy Spirit! – put out your hand and take it!
Thanks for the kindness of the graphic designer s/photographers/musicians/singers/video production crew, uploader and website personnel at: