Spiritual Acid Reflux happens! You can spot it sneaking up on you:
1. When you live through an entire day and just realised you never prayed or spent any time worshipping God.
2. When you seem to always be reading about God’s judgement, but never consider His matchless love and the sacrifice He has made for us.
3. When you find yourself listening to false teachers and false prophets who talk against what you have read in the Holy Bible.
4. When you can spend all day listening and stomping to gospel music, but you feel like throwing up if someone ask you to pray with them for an hour.
5. When you see someone in need who begs you for food etc and you quickly dismiss them to take an imaginary call on your cell phone.
6. When you study so much scripture from an academics point of view that you feel confused and can’t explain why you believe in Jesus Christ.
7. When you go to church for the potluck and potluck vibes only, but can’t remember anything else that happened in the service.
8. When you gossip about others and fail to see how much you yourself need God’s love to break, melt, mold, fill and inspire you to be loving and caring.
1. Humbly dismiss the urge to snub God. He has everything in His hands – make sure you spend quality time praying each time you awake from sleep.
2. Read and study God’s word wisely – ask for the Holy Spirit to reveal to you how to study His Holy Bible correctly.
3. Check out Isaiah 8:20 KJV – To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
4. Determine not to be an unbalanced individual – ask Jesus to help you to love to pray, ask Him to teach you how to talk someone out of suicide, ask Him to give you patience with irritating people and other practical skills that develop the fruit of the Holy Spirit in you.
5. Just take the radiation-causing gadget from your ear and face that individual infront of you who needs your help – even if you don’t have cash to help immediately you might be able to help in some other practical way to get that person off the street permanently.
6. Sit down for a day or two and write down why you believe in Jesus Christ – make sure you keep this document for future reference and keep asking God to reveal Himself in a simple format you can understand.
7. Church potluck and socialising with God’s people are awesome but the other segments of the church service are suppose to help you and nourish you spiritually too – participate and enjoy them.
8. Just give up the gossip routine – billions of gossipers are already lying in their graves transfixed unable to say another slanderous word – cast your shortcomings on Christ (Ephesians 2:8 KJV – For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:)
Thanks for our photograph to: http://absfreepic.com/free-photos/download/a-guy-talking-a-phone-2520x3777_72463.html