1. Money cannot deliver you from oppression. Only the power of God brings complete and true delivery from the oppressor.
2. I have never heard that money told a lame man “Arise, take up thy bed and walk.”
3. Deflation and Inflation constantly fluctuate the value of money.
4. In times of war all the money invested to buy military artillery cannot ensure victory. Victory comes only from God. This is confirmed in Proverbs 21:31.
5. Money attracts many false friends.
6. Money cannot cast out demons.
7. The love of money breaks down society by first destroying the core of any civilization — members of the family unit. Proverbs 15:27 shows how the love of money brings only ruin to any home.
8. Simply having lots of cash on you makes you an automatic robbery target.
9. While the poor look on the rich and envy their extravagant lifestyles they fail to realize that the grass may be actually greener on their side rather than the side they envy. The poor fail to see how much blessings surround them daily and how elusive, fleeting and deceptive riches can be. 1 Timothy 6:9 shows how an unhealthy desire to be rich can lead to temptation, ruin and destruction.
10. Trusting in money brings fragile power and persistent fear.
11. Obsessing about money will stain your conscience and rape your self-worth.
12. The desire for money is an addictive one, this desire to get and get and keep on getting is not from God. It is a snare of satan to use money to imprison our minds into a life of selfishness and arrogance. 1 John 2:16 affirms this.
13. Money has no resurrecting power.
14. Money cannot buy genuine love.
15. “For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.” – 1 Timothy 6:10
16. Even in countries where money is plentiful, many problems still exist that money has failed to solve.
17. Money cannot cure AIDS.
18. “Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?” – Luke 12:24
19. “Better is little with the fear of the Lord than great treasure and trouble therewith.” – Proverbs 15:16
20. “Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” – Matthew 6:19-21
Why trust in money when I know its true that “For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.” – 1 Timothy 6:7. ?
*** All Bible texts quoted above are from the King James Version, unless referenced differently.