Sometime, years ago someone either sent me an article or I came across one that showed how God has made fruits and vegetables to resemble the parts of our bodies that they are good for. I was so fascinated with this information and recently I got a new blender and have been doing smoothies as part of my venture towards healthy living and it brought back memories of that article. I decided to search in google to see if I could pull back up that information somehow and praise God there were numerous people talking about foods that look like body parts they are good for. I think it is absolutely amazing that the God of this vast universe would take the time to give us clues in the way he designed the look of foods so that we know what they are good for. This started me thinking how could i use this new found knowledge of food to praise my Creator since He has supplied an abundance of delicious fruits and vegetables for us to enjoy. Below are 7 fruits and vegetables out of an avalanche of many that look like body parts. Beside each are ways to praise God.
1. Onions – look like body cells and are good for clearing waste from the cells in our bodies. As we eat onions we should use this as a reminder that our own lives can become cluttered with junk and emotional baggage. This can greatly affect our ability to interact with others and lead productive lives for God. Therefore every time we cook with onions or eat them let us remember that we need to go to the Master Creator God everyday to ask Him in prayer to help us through His power to clear away unwanted, unproductive clutter from our lives.
2. Oranges/grapefruits – These look like mammary glands of the female and assist in the health of these glands. Every time a new mother eats a citrus fruit she can use it as an opportunity to reflect on the little one that she breast feeds and cradles in her arm. To think of that small baby as a precious soul that God has died for and loves and has entrusted in her care to train and develop for good.
3.Walnuts – These are good for the health of the brain. They look like a small brain with the left and right hemisphere. Each time we eat walnuts it should remind us to train our thoughts and mind to dwell on good things and not on evil, for whatever we practice becomes habit and habit becomes action. Therefore if we practice right thinking it will become such a natural habit to do good that it will show in our actions to our fellow human beings and to ourselves as well.
4. Carrots – When cut in a cross section they resemble the human eye. They are great for maintaining eye health. As we eat our next carrot let us remember that we must guard the avenues of our soul from satan by being careful what we watch and allow to get into our spirit. So next time you eat a carrot and a violent movie comes on let it remind you that God is concerned about what we view as by beholding we become changed for good or for evil.
5. Grapes – Hang in a cluster that resembles the heart and each one of the individual grapes resemble a blood cell. Grapes are known to be good for the health of the heart. The next time you eat grapes remember that you must keep your heart clean by meditating on the word of God. You must strive to develop a pure, unselfish, caring heart like Jesus. Proverbs 4:23 says “Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.” We are responsible to God for our actions and actions are not independent on their own they are generated out of the emotions we allow to grow in our hearts. Luke 6:54 says “The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.” Therefore as we eat grapes let our prayer be “Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!” Psalms 139:23-24.
6. Celery – is great for bone strength and looks just like the image of a human bone. Next time we eat a celery let us remember that we must exercise the bones in our hands and feet to go on God’s missions to feed the hungry and clothe the poor and help those in need. No matter how poor and needy we are there is someone poorer than us who can be blessed by some act of good towards them. If you have only 5 cents in your name and you don’t know where your next money is coming from still share some of what you have because God’s promises are sure. He says in Proverbs 28:27 “Those who give to the poor will lack nothing, but those who close their eyes to them receive many curses.” and in Proverbs 19:17 it says “Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward them for what they have done.”
7. Mushrooms – Help with our ability to hear. When cut in half it looks like the outer part of our ear. The next time you eat mushrooms remember not to have a one way conversation with God when you pray but take some of your prayer time to listen to what He has to say to you so that you are constantly in tune with His plan for you at each stage of your life.
God truly loves us. Just look at the abundance of the fruits and vegetables He has given us to eat. He hasn’t just given us one of each type to eat He has hundreds of varieties. Take for example there are over 400,000 different variety of beans and over 400 varieties of mangoes and the list is quite as impressive for the variety of other fruits and vegetables as well. God is truly awesome let us praise Him each and every moment we get. Here is a link to one of the sites I got the information about foods that resemble body parts from http://www.t-a-d-a.com/GodsPharmacy.html . However there are numerous more on the web just type in foods that resemble body parts and they should come up. God bless you!