I love traveling I honestly do. The excitement of going to a new destination or even an old one that is memorable is always a treat. Today, however traveling has become a real pain and hassle. It has evolved into something I would like to X out of the process of getting to my destination.
Just like our earthly travels our journey towards our goal of heaven can sometimes become hassle–filled and obstacle–ridden. There are so many things that can be thrown in ones pathway as they take their spiritual journey in an earthly atmosphere. At every corner there are traps and distractions set out to tempt, annoy and frustrate you.
Each day I get up fully knowing I am in a battle just like soldiers that go off to war. I am in a spiritually fierce battle for my soul and the battle never stops until I exit this world. The enemy of all souls (satan) is after everyone of us. We are on his hit-list and he will stop at nothing to accomplish his plans in our life. But every morning I wake up knowing there is hope for me because although I am on his hit list and he hates me beyond belief and wants my destruction there is a God who loves me soooooooooo unconditionally that he promises me in 2 Chronicles 32:8:
With him is only the arm of flesh, but with us is the LORD our God to help us and to fight our battles………and in 2 Chronicles 20:15
He said: “Listen, King Jehoshaphat and all who live in Judah and Jerusalem! This is what the LORD says to you: ‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s.
So as I go out putting on the full armor of God it is really not me who is fighting in this battle, it is the mighty Jehovah and He never loses a battle, never ever.
1. Satan sends someone to cut in front of me at the grocery store rudely and all sorts of things run up in my mind to do or say to that person but I choose to restrain myself and walk away from his temptation God has just fought my battle, my mortal self could never do that, It is Christ.
2. When satan tells me to hate someone because they have wronged me but I choose to look away from self and show that person forgiveness rather than hatred and revenge God has just fought my battle, my mortal self could never do that, It is Christ.
3. When I have just lost my house through foreclosure or disaster and I choose to Praise instead of falling into despair, Or I choose to worship and leave my case with God trusting that he will work it out rather than worrying – guess what? Yep! God has just fought my battle, my mortal self could never do that, It is Christ.
4. When I feel like the world has done me wrong and people have abused and hurt me but I choose to rise and rise and keep on rising beyond the gloom to the hope of something better God has just fought my battle, my mortal self could never do that, It is Christ.
5. When I am perplexed and troubled and my salary is smaller than my expenses but I still choose to share what I have with someone less fortunate than myself then I know that God has fought my battle, my mortal self could never do that, It is Christ.
The list could go on and on but my point is that God will be our pilot if we let him into our life. I choose to trust the pilots that fly the airplanes when I am traveling – believing that they are trained and know what they are doing, therefore I must trust God even more than mortal flesh. God never fails even when it might appear that He has He hasn’t and He is working out everything for your long term good. Today let us trust the Master Creator who hangs galaxies in place, who gives us oxygen to breathe or we die, who created this intricate marvelous machinery that we call our bodies that man cannot replicate even if they tried, who gives the sun power so we can have food to eat. Life is tempestuous and unknown but there is a God who knows every corner that life will take us therefore let us trust Him to be our Savior and our pilot and listen to His still small voice that says “Doubt not, Fear not, I will guide thee”.